New U.S. Passport Applications
As of Thursday, January 14, 2021, all passport agencies and centers are in phase one/two out of the three-phase reopening plan. During this time, they will prioritize customers who need a passport in the next 72 hours (3 business days) for a life-or-death emergency only (in person, by appointment).
Instructions and Forms for New U.S. Passport Requiring Personal Appearance
You Should Apply IN PERSON if….
- You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport has expired & was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your previous passport has expired and it was issued when you were under 16.
- Your name is changed since your passport was issued and you do not have a legal document formally changing your name.
Each applicant must make a personal appearance at an Acceptance facility authorized to execute passport applications.
Click here to find the nearest Acceptance Agent.
Present the applicable forms and the following to the agent executing your application:
NOTE: Please advise an agent that you are using a “hand carry” service to submit your application. The agent will verify your identity and witness (“EXECUTE”) your application, and, upon your request provide you with the executed documents inside a sealed envelope.
1. Application form “DS-11”. The form MUST be filled and printed out online. Please click here for the form. DO NOT sign the application form until the Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so. Please Sign your Application in BLUE or BLACK ink. NOTE: Do Not type Mr. or Mrs. under suffix, as it will be rejected if selected.
2. Two passport photos. They must be recent, identical, 2×2 inches.
3. Proof of US citizenship. For proof of citizenship, you will need to submit one of the following:
– Original certified copy of US birth certificate; or
– Previous fully valid U.S. Passport; or
– Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240); or
– Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350); or
– Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization from USCIS.
4. Letter of Authorization – please click HERE to download. Please Sign a Letter of Authorization in BLUE or BLACK ink.
5. Travel itinerary – Copy of a plane ticket, or travel itinerary with the applicant’s name showing dates and flight information for a departure within 14 days or 30 days in case you need a visa (does not apply to 7-9 weeks processing).
6. Request Form – Click HERE to print. Provide a return address information (home/business no P.O. Boxes), phone number, email address. Please DO NOT include Order Form in the sealed envelope.
– $190.00 Government fee, payable with a personal check or Postal Money Order to US Department of State. Please indicate your DOB in the memo field. Personal check must list applicant’s name and full address, temporary or business checks will not be accepted.
– $35.00 Execution fee, which you will pay to the Acceptance Agent
Please send your “executed” sealed envelope via express-overnight delivery service along with a copy of a Contact Form and applicable service and shipping fees to Generations Visa Service to the following address:
GENERATIONS VISA SERVICE
2233 WISCONSIN AVE N.W. #405
WASHINGTON D.C. 20007-4126
8. Service fee, payable to Generations Visa Service (DO NOT put this check in the sealed envelope. The sealed envelope is opened by the Passport Agency, not by us):
8. Service fee, payable to Generations Visa Service.
– $150.00 for 7-9 weeks processing.*
– $399.00 for 7-14 business days processing. You must contact GenVisa to reserve a slot before sending any documents to avoid delay in process.
– $499.00 for 5-7 business days processing. You must contact GenVisa to reserve a slot before sending any documents to avoid delay in process.
*Update, July 2023: Processing times do not include shipping or courier delivery time.