Togo Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
- Submit your signed passport having two (2) completely blank “visa” pages and 6 months validity beyond the travel dates. If you need help securing, renewing or updating your passport, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- 2 Recent Professional Passport-type photographs.
- 2 Visa Application Forms, printed, signed and dated.
- Copy of return or onward tickets or travel agency/airline itinerary in each traveler’s name.
- Original Yellow Fever Certificate is required.
- Order form – Click HERE to download the order form.
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
GenVisa Service Fee:
$69.00 per visa (30 days or more); add $45.00 per person for expedited service within 21 days; add $65.00 per person for expedited service within 14 days.
- $145.00 – Multiple Entry up to 3 months validity
Note: Consular fees include $5 money order fees.
$12.00 per passport:
- in the unlikely event that your passport is lost or damaged in transit. This will cover your full out of pocket visa(s) and passport replacement costs up to $2,000.
Continental USA Only:
- $34.00 FedEx Letter (Next Business Day – up to three passports)
- $24.00 FedEx 2nd Business Day
- $55.00 FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)
Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands:
Add $35.00 to the shipping fee chosen above
Notes About Our Togo Visa & Passport Services
Passport must have at least six months remaining validity and contain at least one blank visa page for visa to be issued. GenVisa can assist with obtaining U.S. Passports, whether new issue or renewal.
Special requirements exist for U.S. Official and Diplomatic passport holders.
Send ALL the requirements above (and a check payable to Generations Visa) via traceable form of mail to the Generations Visa office immediately. GenVisa will hand-carry your application to the Embassy if applicable. Please allow at least 21 business days of processing time.
GenVisa acts only as an agent. It is the traveler’s responsibility to fully and accurately complete the application. GenVisa cannot be held responsible for any delays or loss of passports when not in the actual possession of GenVisa.