Kenya Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
EXEMPTION OF VISA FEES FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS
Effective 1st February, 2016 children under 16 years of age accompanying their parent(s) to Kenya will be exempted from paying visa fees.
- A color copy of the data page of your passport (pp 2-3) along with a copy of the front cover page! Please make sure that your passport has at least six months validity beyond the travel date. If you need help securing, renewing, or updating your passport, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- Application Form, Fully completed, printed, and signed.
- Copy of accommodations/hotels in each travelers name.
- Contact Form – Click HERE to print
- For East Africa Tourist Visa, valid for 90 days from the date of first entry and good for multiple entries into Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda please click HERE.
Processing Time: 10 days
Processing Time: 5 days
Tourist Sticker visas are no longer issued by the Embassy. Please see instructions for E-VISA.
- Submit your signed passport having two (2) completely blank “visa” pages and 6 months validity beyond the travel dates. If you need help securing, renewing or updating your passport, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- Application Form, fully completed and signed.
- 2 Recent Professional Passport-type photographs.
- Copy of return or onward tickets or travel agency/airline itinerary in each traveler’s name.
- Order form – Click HERE to print.
- A business letter of responsibility (sample) is required, to be typewritten on your company letterhead and addressed to: Embassy of Kenya, Visa Section, Washington D.C.
The letter must explain all of the following:
- The purpose of travel
- Business reference to be visited in Kenya
- Guarantee financial support for the applicant while in Kenya
- Return transportation to the U.S.A
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
Notes About Our Kenya Visa & Passport Services
The Kenya tourist visa is issued for a single entry for a period of 3 months from date of issue, provided the passport remains valid, for a period of stay not to exceed 30 days. Although vaccination certificate is not required for visa issuance, check with physician or local health clinic for vaccination requirements and recommendations.
Special requirements exist for U.S. Official and Diplomatic passport holders.
Passport must have at least six months remaining validity and contain at least one blank visa page for visa to be issued. GenVisa can assist with obtaining U.S. Passports, whether new issue or renewal.
Send ALL the requirements above (and a check payable to Generations Visa) via traceable form of mail to the Generations Visa office immediately. GenVisa will hand-carry your application to the Embassy if applicable. Please allow at least 14 business days of processing time.
GenVisa acts only as an agent. It is the traveler’s responsibility to fully and accurately complete the application. GenVisa cannot be held responsible for any delays or loss of passports when not in the actual possession of GenVisa.