China Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens
Special Notes About China Visa Applications
U.S. citizens born in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Cameroon, Pakistan, Tunisia, Turkey or Syria who plan on traveling to China with their U.S. passport will have to make a personal appearance in order to apply for a visa. GenVisa is unable to process visa requests at this time for U.S. citizens born in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Cameroon, Pakistan, Tunisia, Turkey or Syria.
How to Apply for a Visa to China
- Review the visa requirements below, depending on the type of visa you need (tourist or business).
- Gather the required documents and review them to ensure you have everything you need.
- Send your documents to our office or visit our office in Washington, DC.
To ensure safe delivery of your documents, we strongly recommend that you do not use UPS for sending your materials to GenVisa. They are extremely unreliable and have a high rate of misdelivered packages.
For Canada Passport Holders:
Based on the principle of reciprocity, the Chinese Embassy as well as the Consulates-General in Canada will collect fingerprints of all visa applicants ages 14-70, applying in Canada and issue biometrics visas effective January 1st, 2019. Canadian applicants are required to fill in the electronic application forms and make an appointment online in advance.
China Tourist Visa Requirements:
Tourist Visas are currently are not offered by the Embassy of China!
Click HERE to download Step-by-Step instructions and requirements for China Visa. Please read carefully through instructions to avoid delay in the process.
China Business Visa Requirements
US Passport Holders:
Type M Visa
- Submit your signed passport having two (2) completely blank visa pages and 6 months validity beyond the travel dates. If you need help securing, renewing, or updating your passport, please contact GenVisa at 800-845-8968 for requirements and fees.
- Application Form completed online, printed and signed. For tips on filling out online applications, please click HERE.
- Contact Form – Click HERE to print.
- One (1) recent professional passport-type photograph. See special photo requirements for Chinese visa photos.
- Clear copy of Driver’s License or government ID in each traveler’s name as proof of residence.
- A copy of your round-trip airline tickets, itinerary, or e-ticket; or letter of confirmation from a travel agency confirming entry and exit from mainland China. The itinerary must show the applicant’s name, date of arrival and departure from the country, and flight information.
- If you are staying in a hotel(s), provide copies of confirmed hotel confirmations.
- Where You Stay Form, original signature is required in Blue or Black Ink.
- A letter from the organization to be visited in China, including all of the following:
- Applicant’s name
- Passport number
- Gender and birth date
- Purpose and dates of visit
- Places to be visited
- Full contact information of inviter
- Seal and signature of company representative. (Faxes/scans accepted.)
- The invitation is also known as a “Visa Notification Form” from the PRC Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the China Foreign Economic Relations and Trade Commission, or from any authorized government entity. This invitation should be arranged by your host in China and may be emailed or faxed to you.
- A business letter of responsibility is required to be typewritten on your company letterhead and addressed to: Embassy of China, Visa Section, Washington D.C.
The letter must explain all of the following:
- The purpose of travel
- Business reference to be visited in China
- Guarantee financial support for the applicant while in China
- Return transportation to the U.S.
2233 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
Genvisa Service Fee:
$299.00 per visa (30 days or more)
- Add $55.00 per person for expedited service within 30 days
- Add $85.00 per person for expedited service within 21 days.
Note: Processing times are varies by Jurisdictions based on appointment availability
- $140.00 per visa – Single, Double or Multiple entry fee.
$12.00 per passport:
- in the unlikely event that your passport is lost or damaged in transit. This will cover your full out of pocket visa(s) and passport replacement costs up to $2,000.
Continental USA Only:
- $55.00 FedEx Letter (Next Business Day – up to three passports)
- $48.00 FedEx 2nd Business Day
- $85.00 FedEx Letter (Saturday Delivery)
Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands:
Add $90.00 to the shipping fee chosen above
Notes About Our China Visa & Passport Services
Passport must have at least six (6) months remaining validity and contain two (2) blank visa pages for visa to be issued. GenVisa can assist with obtaining U.S. Passports, whether new issue or renewal.
Special requirements exist for U.S. Official and Diplomatic passport holders.
Send ALL the requirements above (and a check payable to Generations Visa Service) via traceable form of mail to the GenVisa office immediately. GenVisa will hand-carry your application to the Embassy if applicable. Please allow at least 21 business days of processing time.
GenVisa acts only as an agent. It is the traveler’s responsibility to fully and accurately complete the application. GenVisa cannot be held responsible for any delays or loss of passports when not in the actual possession of GenVisa.